I am Assistant Professor (Akademischer Rat a. Z.) at the University of Freiburg, Department of Comparative Politics.
In my current research I focus on the following topics:
(1) political elites in Germany,
(2) attitudes in transnational comparison,
(3) the collaboration networks within political science,
(4) Voting Advice Applications,
(5) attacks on refugees in Germany, and
(6) appearance effects in elections.
I predominantly work with quantitative methods like Event-History-, Multi-Level-, Sequence- or Network-Analysis.
Threatening Events and Anti-Refugee Violence: An Empirical Analysis in the Wake of the Refugee Crisis during the Years 2015 and 2016 in Germany, in European Sociological Review (with Pascal D. König) *